[pure-silver] Re: Rodinal - Dennis

  • From: Janet Cull <janetgcull@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:10:15 -0400

"I generally use the late version Rodinal at 1-50..."

Dennis, do you find the new Rodinal to be different from the old? When you say, "the late version", is that the same as R09? Thanks for your reply.

Janet

On Apr 17, 2015, at 1:47 PM, Dennis wrote:

On Apr 17, 2015, at 10:20, Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rodinal was called the "developer for grain lovers", somewhat unjustly I
hasten to add. If you use Rodinal in weaker diltions (1:50, 1:75, 1:100)
it is a very nice developer and acts as a balancing/compensating
developer. I find the recommended dilutions of 1:10 or 1:25 as too harsh
and grainy.

Isn’t that counter to logic, in that the more dilute developers generally give sharper and more evident grain?
I generally use the late version Rodinal at 1-50 and it is definitely grainy.

Dennis