[pure-silver] Rodinal

  • From: Janet Gable Cull <janetgcull@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:45:40 -0400

I saw a friend's negatives last night that were so nice (actually scans of
them), and when he described the quality of them it described what I like.
He said he processed them in the old Rodinal (bought on Ebay), and that
there is a new developer with the same name but that it isn't really the
same as the old. He also told me about another developer out of eastern
Europe that's supposed to be like the old Rodinal. Is it RO9? Not sure
I'm remembering that right.

Another guy from a Hassy group on FB said Adox makes Rodinal, and it's like
the original. Is that so?

Please tell me what you know about Rodinal, and where I might get the "real
thing". Thanks.

Janet