[pure-silver] Re: Repurposing Enlargers

  • From: Gerald Koch <gerald.koch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:09:59 -0800 (PST)

Camera lenses have a curved field of focus.  So if your subject is in the
center
of the image the edges of the image will not be in focus at large apertures.
This can be used to isolate the subject from the background.

Lenses for BW enlargement need not be designed to focus all colors on the same
plane.  Ctein had an article on this focus shift somewhere on the web.

For LF use you may not see any problems due to the small amount of enlargement.

Jerry