[pure-silver] Re: Repurposing Enlargers

  • From: "bonner" <bguil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:05:32 -0500

Overarm router support?

From: pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Riley
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:51 PM
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Repurposing Enlargers

While working in my shop the other day I repeatedly had to move around a few
enlargers that I’ve accumulated over the years.  The thought occurred to me
that in this day-and-age of recycling and repurposing initiatives there might
be an alternative purpose for unused enlargers.  I quickly dismissed the
obvious copy-stand idea longing for more of a home run alternative – probably
non-photographic.

So here’s my challenge to the pure silver group:

What ideas can you ever think of for an alternative use for a darkroom room
enlarger?  Please suggest something more creative than a plant stand or
decorative lamp.  Maybe something extremely functional and non-photographic.

I’m currently looking at my barbeque grill and an old D-2  ... I wonder what
could come out of that marriage?

Bill Riley