[pure-silver] Re: Pyrocat -HD Starting Points

  • From: richard lahrson <gtripspud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:54:18 -0700

Hi and thanks everyone!

     I've recently obtained a black and white densitometer with a regular
and a UV channel.  With Pyrocat HD the stain appears rather light, but the
difference in density is great.  For example an area on the negative that
reads 0.40 on the regular channel reads 0.60 on the UV channel for HP5.
The
idea is to use the same negative for both silver and carbon printing.

     A side issue that has developed: since the 8x10 negatives for carbon
printing must be masked with ruby tape around the edges, the negatives
will no longer fit in the Print File negative sleeves.  I'm switching from
plastic to paper envelops and found the right size (no easy matter), 9"
x12" from
hollingermetaledge.com.  Plus the paper envelops have the advantage of
writing and diagramming printing instructions on the negative envelope.

Rich

GIF image

GIF image