[pure-silver] Re: Pyro & Delta 3200

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 21:40:38 -0700 (PDT)

Eric Id either call or check with Ilford on what works best when pushing 3200.
You might have good reasons for wanting to "get him into pyro".  This likely
isn't the project to do it with.

You might find this helpful  www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/2006216122447.pdf.
It gives a number different developers and development times including times
for the one stop push.  This you could print out and show your client and would
at least give you someone else for him to blame if it doesn't work as directed
LOL.

For what its worth,  Tmax 400 actually pushed fairly well using straight D76
and about 9 1/2 to 10 minutes at 68 for a 2 stop push.  The recomendation was
straight from the Kodak site.  Many of the Delta films I hear are quite simular
in many ways to the Kodak T Max lines.

Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: I have a client who "wants to try" pyro
but has given
me some Delta 3200 he shot at 6400.  =\
In going over the development times and so forth, I
don't thnk it's possible w/either PMK or Pyrocat HD
because the stain would be just too much at such long
development times.  I found Ed Buffalo had run his
3200 at an EI of 1600 for 30 minutes in standing
development.
I'd like to get this client into pyro but I don't
think it will "work" for what he's shot here.
Anyone else tried 6400 EI film with a pyro formula?
Eric

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.