[pure-silver] Re: Preserving Glycin

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:00:26 -0500

Some thoughts ...

Years and years ago developers were preserved by placing a small gauze
bag filled with either sodium or potassium metabisulfite in the
container.  The sulfur dioxide that was released helped preserve the
developing agents.  I wonder if this would work with Glycin.

Freezing should also help slow the oxidation process.  Don't store in
plastic, use glass.

Just because the Glycin is discolored does not mean that it is
unuseable.