[pure-silver] Presenting silver images on the web

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 06:53:49 -0800

A question for those of you that have a web-presense for your silver images;

Do you scan the original negatives (with a film scanner) or do you make prints first, then scan on a flatbed scanner?

My early attempts (prints with a flatbed) some years back were less than stellar, my scanner has since broken, so I am faced with buying new. I have seen several websites that did a beautiful job of presenting silver images, and I have always assumed that people made the prints first, then scanned those.

Do most of you scan the prints, rather than the negs?

Anyone using the Epson V700? Do you like it? (sorry to be sliding OT...)