[pure-silver] Re: Presenting silver images on the web

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:29:26 -0800 (PST)

I do both.  Scanning prints can present problems here with reflections from the
glossy-dried-matt surface, but for some it works out ok.
For images I plan to do other things with beyond the web, I'll drum scan if
35mm or 120, flatbed scan for 4x5 and larger, and mounted slides will go into
my PF3600 film scanner.   For the web a flatbed will do just fine.
Scanning negs and working with that in photoshop allows for manipulations we
can never get in the darkroom (unfortunately) and may present a "false
advertising" issue, but can give one the best results possible from that piece
of film.
Eric
12/25/08 4:30 am