[pure-silver] Re: Possible optical defect caused by hair or dust within lens?

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photo" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:32:39 -0600

Does the hair move around at all? or is it stuck to the glass. If it is in
the same place, then I'd look for a repeating mark in ALL images shot at the
same f stop. However, That looks a lot more like a processing flaw than a
light problem. A light block would make a light area on your neg. Lighter on
a neg, prints darker not lighter. EXTRA density, a lighter area on an RA4
print,  can come from photo stabilizer  or a kink from film loading. The
fairly regular shape also does NOT match the irregular shape of the hair.
You would also need to be stopped way down to focus that dirt or hair onto
the film plane.

Eric

Eric Neilsen

Eric Neilsen Photography