[pure-silver] Possible optical defect caused by hair or dust within lens?

  • From: Tom Kershaw <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:05:28 +0000

My posting on APUG hasn't generated anything by way of a response, and as there isn't total overlap between pure-silver and APUG I thought I should post here.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/68152-odd-higher-density-marks-ra-4-print-probably-optical-issue.html

and the image links:
http://www.tomkershaw.com/apug/rf645_65mm_hair.jpg
http://www.tomkershaw.com/apug/strange_mark_kp800.jpg

As the density marks do not appear to be visible in all prints from the RF645 negatives and do not occur with my Bronica SQ negatives, perhaps the hair which is within the lens generates the defect depending on the light direction.

Tom