[pure-silver] Re: Old Paper Results

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 02:08:46 +0200

Dear Bill

The beauty of photography to me is that it is a mixture of so many things of
interest to me; art, chemistry, physics, mathematics and learning in
general. I enjoy the end result just as much as the way to get there, and
sometimes the journey proves to be more interesting than the destination
itself. How we get there does not matter, but we need to enjoy both, the
method and the result, appreciating that our methods may differ.

My hunt for numerical values is related to my ambition of controlling the
process and my need to have evidence of continuous improvement, and has
little to do with computers. Nevertheless, I enjoy computers too, because
they allow me to communicate with nice, similar-minded people, sharing the
same interest in this beautiful hobby and willing to contribute their
observations. I would most likely never meet them otherwise, which would be
a loss. There is no doubt, computers have pushed valuable craftsmanship into
obsolescence across many industries, but they have also empowered a lot of
folks to see beyond their horizons, and I wouldn¹t want to miss them
anymore. As far as photography goes, I prefer the traditional methods but
respect the opportunities and results of some digital work.

All the best.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com