[pure-silver] Re: OT: Condensation on frozen film

  • From: Ken Sinclair <photo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 19:15:07 -0600

Michael,

If you really believe that it is condensation...  I have the world's
longest high-level railway bridge  for sale....     8-)

For many years (albeit in a semi-arid region) I took many rolls of EPY
straight out of the fridge and put into the camera and NEVER saw
condensation "spots" on any roll after they went through the Wing-Lynch

Without seeing the "spots", I might be more convinced to argue that the
spots were "splatter spots" remaining after processing. They might be
removeable by re-dipping in the stabiliser solution for a while.

Ken

>Later he changed his mind, though, and told me he thought that the
>sprocket marks had
>to be the result of condensation that collected when I used the roll
>straight out of the
>freezer. Case in point (he said): most of the "sprocket hole" problems
>occur in the latter
>1/2-2/3 of the roll, where it would have been tighter on the core, and
>that's why you get
>condensation problems. Well, he sure had me on that argument. I have never
>had a
>single such problem, so I wouldn't know; but I would have expected
>condensation to
>collect nearer the opening of the cassette, that is, on the first several
>frames. Those,
>tho, are fine.

 [||/\/\/\/\//\/||        Ken Sinclair RBP, FBPA.
 [||                            ||-|    Applied Photographic Services
 [||                            ||   |  Lethbridge,
 [||                            ||   |  Alberta, Canada,
 [||                            ||-|   (403) 381-1654.
 [||\/\/\/\//\/\||       photo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx