[pure-silver] Re: New Darkroom New Question

  • From: "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:29:37 -0400

I use a penlight that I fashioned a W25 filter plus tissue paper (as a ND filter) over the lens.

Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "DarkroomMagic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 2005-10-24 17:40, "Ben R. McRee" <ben.mcree@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After a fews days and nights with my new setup, one of the challenges
I've discovered is reading the filter settings on the dichroic head
under safelight so that I can change contrast for burning in.  With
paper in the easel I obviously can't turn the room lights on or use
the enlarger to illuminate them as I do when making the initial
settings.  So what do you do?

What I've done (making it up as I go along) is to cover the paper
with a piece of cardboard, then use a penlight partly covered with my
hand to illuminate the filter windows.   Something tells me there
must be a better way.

--Ben