[pure-silver] Re: "Large format techniques"

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 13:39:42 -0400

To be a stickler,

1)    You will note in my extremely simplified analysis of the info & comm
theory of images I did clearly state that we were enlarging both images to
16X20.

2)    It is called large format because the film is.larger.  In this case
larger IS better because it needs less enlargement to produce images of any
given size.

3)    Unless you want to compare oranges and apples, one must compare final
prints of the same size.

4)    Using your example, the 8X10 neg printed onto an 8X10 print would
still have much more subtle tonality than the 35 mm printed as an 8X10.

  _____