[pure-silver] Re: Konica F1-C

  • From: "Bob Rosen" <afterswift@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:18:00 -0800

also have a Konica C35 EF3 camera that I find ideal for street photography,
shooting from the hip. It has a 35mm f2.8 lens, a shutter as quiet as a
Leica, well thought out design and very well made: a joy to use.
Bob Rosen must be a very unlucky man!
-------------------------
Hi Clifford,

I still have that black C35 in my collection of useless cameras. My
technician wants more for its repair than I paid for it new: about $69. I
could also buy one for less in the used camera market. I replaced it with my
favorite Leica CL. What I liked about the C35 was its compactness; but I
didn't care for its trap meter needle and mechanical flash system.
I'll grant you it has a pretty good lens; but what a pity it was part of a
very poor exposure system. I did like the optical viewer and the custom made
never ready case.

The second Konica rangefinder was the larger model which was even worse than
the C35 because it was so clumsy to use and so shoddily made. I have given
it new to my brother as a wedding present. He never used it. A real dud.

Best,
Bob