[pure-silver] Re: Iodide in emulsions...

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 13:42:18 +0100

From my 10-year-old conversations with Ilford, modern VC papers have three emulsion, which are of different contrast and different threshold sensitivities. In addition, they react quite differently to blue or green light. See attached images.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Nov 28, 2009, at 05:57, Richard Knoppow wrote:

My understanding is that the emulsions of variable contrast paper are all the same contrast but have different threshold sensitivities. I have yet to find a really clear explanation. Some early VC papers seem to have been combinations of a high and a low contast emulsion.