[pure-silver] Re: Inflammatory Digital vs. Film Post Of The Week

  • From: "Joseph O'Neil" <joneil@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 16:03:33 -0500

On 1/6/2012 2:01 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
wow $6K.
i'd get it for you but i'm a canon 'fan' and don't like nikon.
their lenses focus in the wrong direction.
;)

Wasn't there a similar debate years ago about Rodenstock vs Schneider lenses? :)

More to the point, the D4 is supposed to be built like a tank for heavy duty use by photo journalists, etc. Thing is for my personal use, I see no need for it over my Nikon D7000, which is about 1/6th the cost. On the other hand, when the new 36 meg, full frame D800 comes out..... temptation, temptation.........

Bottom line is, I love my D7000, but with the new year, I am looking at stocking up on some more 4x5 tri-x. Totally different animals, but I love my Nikon D7000 as much as I love my Tachihara 4x5. I figure it's like owning a Mustang and a Jeep at the same time, just depends on where you are going and what kind of mood you are in.
:D