[pure-silver] IR light, was..RE: Re: How do I increase local contrast in my shadows when printing?

  • From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:48:05 +0200

I always understood/assumed the opposite: most IR light reflection in the early
hours or the hours before sunset, has something to do with the angle the sun
rays make..I am sure others can give a clear explanation.. Anyway in my own
experience I have made my best IR images at these hours. For sure the sky (with
the sun in my back) is at it's blackest than.(and obtaining better
exposed/printable images with Maco film versus Kodak HIE, as long as I expose
long enough for the very slow Maco film..)

Best,

Cor