[pure-silver] Re: ID-11 and D-76

  • From: Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:29:23 -0500

Interesting. I am doing some tests to see what the times for FP4+ are in D-76 anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter what Ilford says. It did seem to me that 11 minutes is too much.

--shannon

On Apr 24, 2008, at 10:39 AM, Dennis Purdy wrote:

On Apr 24, 2008, at 08:20, Shannon Stoney wrote:

I have always heard that ID-11 and D-76 are the same formula. But Ilford does not seem to think so. I was looking at the film boxes for HP5+ and FP4+, and the boxes say to develop both films for 11 minutes in D-76 1:1. But with ID-11, you develop HP5+ for 13 minutes and FP4+ for 11 minutes. I thought it might be a misprint so I went to the website, and it said the same thing.

Weird, huh.

--sghannon

I have the D76 formula in a book of formulas and I pulled the ID11 formula off the internet:

<x-tad-smaller>The formula of ID-11 is:
Metol 2 g.
Sodium sulphite, anhyd. 100g.
Hydroquinone 5 g.
Borax 2 g.
Water to make 1,000 cc.

D-76
Metol 2 gs
Sod Sulfite anh 100 g
Hydroquinone 5 g
Borax 2 g
water to 1000 ml
</x-tad-smaller>

they look pretty similar to me, though I don't know if you can trust published formulas and formulas off the internet.
Dennis