[pure-silver] Re: Fog pictures

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, solland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:26:17 -0400 (EDT)

From: Leigh Solland <solland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Fog pictures
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:57:35 -0600

> I just got a huge roll of Plus-X film, from which I was going to cut
> some sheets today to shoot in my "new" Speed Graphic, but it was so
> foggy this morning that I gave up.  Now, thanks to your advice, I
> will try it.

> I have never had any luck with fog, so that means a challenge, right?

Several of my own favorite photographs are taken in light fog in
London.  They are taken with Plus-X Pan and FP4+. That was the time I
was more actively testing films, and one thing I learned was that
films with mild shoulders make best foggy scenes to my taste,
especially when overexposed 1 to 2 stops from incident reading and
slightly overdeveloped.  For many other situations I like TMX and
Acros but not for foggy scenes.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."