[pure-silver] Re: Fog pictures

  • From: Leigh Solland <solland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:57:35 -0600

Jim Brick wrote:

> I've photographed the Golden Gate bridge with the fog moving-in around it.
> Likewise trees, rocks, etc. You simply need to make sure the fog is in zone
> 7-8 so that it will print white and not gray. You have to base your
> exposure on those things that are not in the fog as well. So a good spot
> meter really helps. Or an incident meter. An averaging reflected meter will
> tend to make the fog appear gray and lifeless.

Thanks, Jim.  And also thanks for moving the list.  Those who want to make it
"more perfect" can now continue their discussions over here.

I just got a huge roll of Plus-X film, from which I was going to cut some
sheets today to shoot in my "new" Speed Graphic, but it was so foggy this
morning that I gave up.  Now,
thanks to your advice, I will try it.

I have never had any luck with fog, so that means a challenge, right?

Leigh