[pure-silver] Re: Ever Ferrotype?

  • From: Ken Sinclair <photo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 20:38:10 -0600

Hi Mark....

On the occasions when I have had the need (usually a desperate plea) to
provide a faster turn-around for the "8x10 glossy" I will (rather reluctantly)
use Glossy RC... butafter a gentle squeegee off (back then front) with a
somewhat aging, butstill in good condition "straight" (ie non curved)
windscreen wiper that I  purchased at the parts department of the local
Volkswagen dealership.

After the removal of excess water using the wiper, I use the household
hairdryer on "hot/high", on both back and front. To my eye, this tends to greatly reduce the 'haze' on the emulsion side that I have always found to
be somewhat objectionable.

Ken

On 22-May-08, at 7:50 PM, Mark Blackwell wrote:

Ok this may be the solution to the not totally satisfied with the blacks if an RC print is best when dried in IR. The next question becomes, what is an inexpensive and practical drying source. Hanging them or placing them on a drying screen is easy, and an expensive dryer probably isn't in the budget, but if there is a normal everyday type of item that works and is effective, Im all ears.

From: "Dave V"
<DValvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>