[pure-silver] Re: Editions and Numbering

  • From: "mail1" <mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:21:52 -0700

The idea of limited additions has really brought out the membership of the
list, that good. The question is who’s in control, the gallery owner, or the
photographer?
I rarely reprint a negative once I reach completion of my concept. If a
request for a print or a number of prints is made I will reprint the
negative with the understanding it may be different from the one they saw or
have because my interpretation is evolving. I have found making prints is a
dynamic process which leads to change, in the end it may be a small subtle
change, or it could be a big change, and that leads to expression.

Does a painter keep painting the same image because that’s what requested?

My production costs, and my time dictate the value, or cost of the print.
Usually I am subsidizing this so I have no interest in reproducing a loss. I
am interest in exploring new vision. I am very wary of how my vision and
creativity are affected by having to conform to reprinting the old
standards. I like new vistas.

Jonathan Ayers  [mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Checked by AVG.
2:17 PM