[pure-silver] Re: Dumb-dumb Me (or what 100ASA 135 film to try next)

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 16:36:31 -0400

Dear Elias,
        I agree with you that Ilford Delta 100 lacks "life".  For similar
development I find it much contrastier than T-max 100 but it lacks the tonal
separation in the highlights.  They just look dull.  It is weird to have
dull highlights at the same time you have high contrast.  I haven't put the
Delta 100 through my sensitometer and densitometer but I suspect what
Richard said is correct;  there is something about that films response curve
that simply makes it a contrast film that makes prints (or scans)with dull
highlights.
        I have only used a few rolls of Fuji Acros 100 (and if you mess it
up it will be Necros!) but I LOVED it.
        Try it.
                CHEERS!
                        BOB