[pure-silver] Re: Dry back/Dry Down

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:19:08 -0500

Russ Gorman wrote:

Don't cook food in the same microwave oven if you choose that route.

I do not have a microwave in my darkroom, and have never used one for
print drying anyway. What I did was adjust the power of my white light
over the fixer tray so that I do not observe dry-down when showing the
prints in my usual illumination.

I never eat in my darkroom.

But why the warning? Do you think that the chemicals residing in the
processed and washed prints would contaminate the food? Or do you think
the contaminants from the food would contaminate the prints? I would
assume if one were using a microwave oven for food, you would clean it
regularly.

 ^^-^^ 08:15:01 up 27 days, 14:49, 3 users, load average: 4.51, 4.45, 4.39