[pure-silver] Re: Dr5 process

  • From: "Randy Stewart" <randal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 09:40:48 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "shannon Stoney" <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2011 8:22 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Dr5 process

I've been playing with my new stereo pinhole Holga camera some more. I figured out how the viewfinder works on top: it's not wide angle after all. There isn't much info online about this camera. But I figured out that you are supposed to use slide film in it, because of the way the stereo photo viewer works. I had some color slide film in medium format, so I shot that in it.

Then i found a place online that processes all kinds of film by a new process to make b & w transparencies. HEre it is:

http://www.dr5.com/

This guy claims to be able to process regular negative film with this Dr5 process to make transparencies! Does this work? It's kind of expensive, but interesting.

Dr5 has been around for many years. Back in the day when Darkroom Technique actually has something to do with film photography, they did an article on the process, which is proprietary. It seemed to do what it promised, all be it a bit expensive. Dr5 should be able to provide recommendations on which B&W films work better 5than others.