[pure-silver] Re: Defender Photo Bulletin

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 01:55:12 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "DarkroomMagic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PureSilverNew" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 12:53 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Defender Photo Bulletin

Richard

What is being referred to? I can't see an attachment of any sort.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

Its a newsletter I get via e-mail. I didn't attach it because its long and attachments are not a good idea for a mailing list. Its sent by a dealer in photo supplies in Rochester N.Y. He makes some strange comments about film emulsions, for instance, that conventional (non tabular grain) films do not need sensitizing dye because they are "aged until ready". I think he is confusing ripening with dye sensitizing. He also states that conventional film must have many different sized halide grains but that they are all the same size in tabular grain films. He also states that film graininess has nothing to do with film speed and many other curious statements. I think he has read a little about how emulsion is made and confused several things. At any rate, he appears to be selling his own "magic" film developer and custom film. I will send you a copy via personal e-mail.

---