[pure-silver] Re: DI paper

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:19:19 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "DarkroomMagic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PureSilverNew" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 2:13 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: DI paper

My 'old' Ilford contact insists that they did not use built-in developers
for their MG-IV papers. I don't know what difference, besides speed, it
would make, or why a non-commercial user would want it.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

The developer seems mainly to be for the use in activation processing but I have been confused by some things said about some paper emulsion containing developing agents for other purposes in much smaller amounts.
My understanging is that Ilford does not include developer in MG IV. They do come up more slowly in the developer.
I think there were problems some years ago caused by decomposition of residues of the incorporated developer in some papers. Again, I am not certain what the current thinking is on this.

---