[pure-silver] Re: Criticism, was What is a "project"?

  • From: "richard l. gifford" <rlgif@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:17:58 -0600

I found the book they recommended we buy, it is
"Criticizing Photographs" by Terry Barrett.  I think
there was a second book we were advised to read, but I
don't recall if I bought it or borrowed from the
library.  My notes would tell me, but haven't located
them, this was several years ago.  I recall working
from a page of simplified questions someone probably
abstracted from the book.  Main thing I think I learned
is that you can't teach yourself to criticize
photographs that easily, it takes more background.  But
any such exposure of your work to others is valuable.

Regards...  Dick Gifford