[pure-silver] Re: Criticism, was What is a "project"?

  • From: AhYouBecky@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:41:20 EST

Dick,
Thank you! I'll see if I can find it at the local library. If not, I'll do a
web search and see what I come up with. I think I'd do good to read such a
book as this. Is there anything else you can remember from the book to share
with
us?

As a side note, I'm taking a Photography History class... wow, very cool. :)
I'm loving it. It's a great way to continue building my foundation in
photography.

Wishing you ALL a great Monday,

Becky Lynn

I found the book they recommended we buy, it is
"Criticizing Photographs" by Terry Barrett.  I think
there was a second book we were advised to read, but I
don't recall if I bought it or borrowed from the
library.  My notes would tell me, but haven't located
them, this was several years ago.  I recall working
from a page of simplified questions someone probably
abstracted from the book.  Main thing I think I learned
is that you can't teach yourself to criticize
photographs that easily, it takes more background.  But
any such exposure of your work to others is valuable.

Regards...  Dick Gifford