[pure-silver] Re: AGORA GALLERY IN NYC?

  • From: Adrienne Moumin <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pure Silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 14:02:40 -0400

Bob, I'm a native New Yawka & still live here half-time - and I'm very familiar
w/the gallery scene.
Two words about Agora: Vanity GalleryTwo more words: Stay AwayA few more words
- Pricey for-profit making money off the backs of artists hungry for
exposure.Three closing words: Don't go there...
Just passed by their space in Chelsea the other day - they apparently are
making enough now to move from a space within a gallery building, to a
glass-fronted street-level space (the most expensive and coveted).
No one in the commercial gallery world has respect for artists who show in
"pay-to-play" venues. However, if your aim is simply to show your work in NYC
regardless of the cost, this might work for you.
As always, the ends justify the means.
Hope this is helpful.
Adrienne

Adrienne Moumin
Handmade B&W photographs and photo collages: http://picturexhibit.comNYC and
Silver Spring, MD212-602-1809

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:08:58 -0400
Subject: [pure-silver] AGORA GALLERY IN NYC?
From: "bobkiss @caribsurf.com" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

DEAR LIST,
Have any of you heard of or had experience with Agora Gallery in NYC?
Do they show mostly fine art photography? What do you know about them?
CHEERS!
BOB