[pure-silver] Re: AGORA GALLERY IN NYC?

  • From: "bobkiss @caribsurf.com" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 18:35:25 -0400

DEAR ADRIENNE,
Thanks for the wise words! I had a studio in Manhattan for twenty
years and I completely understand your warnings and
amnotdesperteforashowthere.
One of my best friends still owns a gallery there. He had never heard
of them which is not a good sign. You and many others have confirmed my
suspicions.
THANKS TO ALL!
BOB

On Sunday, April 26, 2015, Adrienne Moumin <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Bob, I'm a native New Yawka & still live here half-time - and I'm very
familiar w/the gallery scene.

Two words about Agora: Vanity Gallery
Two more words: Stay Away
A few more words - Pricey for-profit making money off the backs of artists
hungry for exposure.
Three closing words: Don't go there...

Just passed by their space in Chelsea the other day - they apparently are
making enough now to move from a space within a gallery building, to a
glass-fronted street-level space (the most expensive and coveted).

No one in the commercial gallery world has respect for artists who show in
"pay-to-play" venues. However, if your aim is simply to show your work in
NYC regardless of the cost, this might work for you.

As always, the ends justify the means.

Hope this is helpful.

Adrienne

*Adrienne MouminHandmade B&W photographs and photo collages:* http://
<http://picturexhibit.com>picturexhibit.com
NYC and Silver Spring, MD
212-602-1809

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:08:58 -0400
Subject: [pure-silver] AGORA GALLERY IN NYC?
From: "bobkiss @caribsurf.com" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx');>>

DEAR LIST,
Have any of you heard of or had experience with Agora Gallery in NYC?
Do they show mostly fine art photography? What do you know about them?
CHEERS!
BOB