[pure-silver] A moment of silence, please..

  • From: "Steve Goldstein" <sgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:40:21 -0400

Today I received my copy of Mees' _The Theory of the Photographic Process_,
2nd edition, 1963 printing, from a used bookseller in Canada.  It's in excellent
condition, in fact it looks like it has never been opened except to paste in the
book plates and loan-card flap.  The copy is very prominently marked in several
places as belonging to the Reference Library of the National Film Board.

It seems a sad day indeed that the NFB (yes, I know it's cinema, but it's still
film) feels they no longer need this volume.

Sic transit gloria mundi.  At least it didn't end up in the landfill :)