RE: using memory card

  • From: Evelyn Weckerly <weckerly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:48:06 -0400

Hi,

I also have a PTR1. What's the highest capacity CF card that the unit will take? I just want to be sure. Thanks.

Evelyn

At 11:08 PM 6/13/2008, you wrote:
The adapter accepts a compact flash module and  adapts it to fit in a
pcmcia card slot.  If in any doubt buy it from IRTI, they sell the
plextalks and have adapters that you can count on being  functional.
The memory modules are called compact flash and are pretty standard.
They are sold primarily for cameras and because the performance of the
camera is directly related to the speed of the flash you will find CF
cards not only in various sizes such as 2mb, 4Mb, 8Mb and 16Mb but also
in expense ranges.  The cards that cost over $100 are the real fast
chips and since I do not believe that the  plextalk will benefit from
the higher speed I have limited all of my purchases to to the  cheapest
that I can find.   I have never purchased one that did not work in the
Plextalk and I now have between 15-20 chips.   Currently I am paying
about $35 for 16Mb compact flash but you can probably do better.  The
price seems to drop again every couple of weeks.  If you want quality
buy sandisk.  They actually offer support for their products if you have
problems such as  needing to recover accidently deleted data.

Frank Cuta