[pskmail] fldigi 3.1 - was Re: zyGrib

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:27:16 -0600

I have been running alpha code of 3.1 for the last several weeks on my server. It has run perfectly. The previous 3.03 would sometimes crash after several days.

One thing I found is that Dave is now date coding the log files. This affects PSKmail Monitor since it is looking for fldigi.log to parse. I went into the source code in main.cxx and removed the one line of code that adds the date stamp after 'fldigi' and before '.log' in the file name and compiled from source. That took care of the problem.

I emailed Dave about that and he was going to leave the date stamp off the logfile if used with pskmail server but looking at the 3.1 source code it appears to have not been added. If you run PSKmail Monitor, you will need to edit the source and compile, or modify PSKmail Monitor.

73,
Fred

Rein Couperus wrote:
Fldigi-3.1 is out. I have tested it wthin clients 0.9 and 1.04 and both the IPC and TCP/IP interfaces are working fine. We have made significant changes in both interfaces which fix hidden bug, so I strongly suggest you chnage to fldigi-3,1