[pskmail] Vmware player usb-audio Signalink

  • From: Terry Settergren <terryset2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 08:29:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I'm setting up new Signalink USB on Vmware player with pskmail puppy. With
my pskmail liveCD puppy 3.01, alsaconf shows 4 choices, one of which is
usb-audio, end result is Signalink USB works.  With VMware player and any puppy
iso's I can find, the alsaconf driver list shows 8 choices, none of which are
usb-audio, and Signalink USB doesn't work (with other soundcard options, the
VMware scenario works fine). VMware does show the Signalink USB Texas
Instruments USB entity(I think).

Any clue how to get usb-audio into the VMware alsaconf choice list? I ran
modprobe usb-audio, exit 0, no help.

Regards,
KE5FGX