[pskmail] Re: U.S.A Server

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:42:25 +0100

On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 10:37 -0500, n8et@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Steve and all -
>
> I believe you can use the CD to set up your hard drive with a partition and a
> dual boot for linux/windows.  I will be setting upa PC to play with here at
> home in the next couple of days and will know for sure then!  I did look at
> someof the menues (bottom left side of the screen) and there were some
> options that looked like they would put it on my hard drive, but the PC I was
> using was not one I wanted to fool with in that manner!
>
> I am sure that one of the guys in EU will give us a much better answer
> shortly!

I leave this one to Per, I know how to do it in UBUNTU... Some things
which are generally true when creating a dual boot system:

* First install windoze (if you must)
* Before installing Linux you have to defragment the disk so Linux can
find a space for itself and does not interfere with windoze. Normally
the installer asks you how much disk space to leave for windoze.
* If you want read/write access to the windoze disk from Linux, use
FAT32 for the windoze partition.
* Linux will give you a menu so you can boot into windoze (if you must).

73,

Rein Pa0R

P.S.: Bill, can you pse sign up for the list so I don't have to approve
all your posts...

--
Skype: pa0r_rein
AIM: pa0r@xxxxxxxxxx