[pskmail] Re: Testing from Chicago

  • From: G6CKR <radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:30:59 +0000

There are / were two 30 M frequencies in Europe because there were two
different server networks one the regular PSKmail and the other more
orientated to sailors which included the transmission of weather
bulletins etc..
Re the convention of dial or centre frequency.
Centre frequency allows the user to work out how they will match the
listed frequency and is all they need to be sure.
Dial needs to have the audio frequency included in the information for
the user to be absolutely sure EG dial 10.147 MHz + 1500Hz (from your
revised listing I'm guessing you are using 1000Hz).
On a quiet band it should be easy the see the signal in question on the
waterfall (assuming a narrow filter is not being used) but on a busy
segment it might be a bit harder.
But given some modes work in the noise it then becomes more important
for both stations to be sure they are in the right place.
Either method works as long as all the required information is listed