[pskmail] Re: Success!

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 06:28:14 -0500

Bill - N8ET wrote:
I managed to get fldigi running this evening - both transmit and receive. N8RMF (a local) and I spent some time on a very quiet 15 meters and got fldigi running at both ends, and then managed to get PSKmail to ping a server. Tomorrow I will spend a bit more time with the server and see if we can get the entire system to function.

At some point I will need some help getting my USB to serial port adaptor running. I am running vox right now, but the final configuration needs to have PTT for the radio I intend to use, so I need a serial port functional

More tomorrow!

I found the usb/serial I use to be a plug and play. At first using the correct syntax was my problem, but google was my friend.

/dev/ttyUSBn where n is the usb port number, mine is 0. Make sure you initialize the port in fldigi.

Ed W3NR