[pskmail] Re: Sound card config?

  • From: Darren Long <long.spike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 23:46:50 +0100

Hi again,

Well, if you see something in the waterfall in gMFSK, then the soundcard is working. It just may not be getting any/enough audio from the radio. Check that the mixer is configured to take audio from the right input (mic or line-in) and that the level is good. You can try disabling inputs in the mixer and see when gMFSK flat- lines if you don't know which is which.

darren
On 3 Sep 2006, at 22:05, Luck wrote:

Darren:

Can you assist me in configuring gMFSK to use /dev/dsp?

I thought I had it licked, when I ran gmfsk, as I immediately saw a little o-scope graphic, doing it's thing, only to find out that when I unplugged the sound out from the rig, it kept going. Sigh...

So I obviously still need to configure it.  Ideas?

By the way, what's the most likely 20 meter frequency to be looking for signals?

Tks 'n 73 de KY1T