[pskmail] Re: Sound card config?

  • From: Darren Long <long.spike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:06:14 +0100

I should think so. I'd turn the system sounds off, to avoid the embarrassing 'ding' noises going over the air, and configure gMFSK to use /dev/dsp. make sure the volume levels are high enough and see if you can see any noise in the waterfall display. Once you can get incoming audio, you're, er, half-way there ;-)

Good luck,

Darren, G0HWW

On 3 Sep 2006, at 20:40, Luck wrote:

> [...]

I get    /dev/dsp

I agree; the AC97 does sound like the mobo one. This implies -- to me, anyway -- that the configuration setup isn't seeing the creative labs card. Which is OK, do you think the mobo one could be coerced into playing pskmail ok?

73 de KY1T