Rein,Thanks for the help. The hosting service has me use mail.reiselt.com as the mail server. But, nslookup shows it resolves back to a more generic server that probably hosts thousands of mail domains. I guess the domain name tacked on helps keep them straight.
73 - Fred - WB5CON Rein Couperus wrote:
Fred, this is no operator error, but a 'feature', meaning it was written to work like that. I will have a look and find out what I have to do to make it work. I thought it would be stupid if an ISP would ask for information they have already :) But you ain't seen nothing yet... Glad at least 1 account works now for you! 73, Rein EA/PA0R/P-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Gesendet: 08.02.07 16:41:14 An: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Betreff: [pskmail] Re: POP3 problem with serverFWIW... I did try a \ in front of the @ and ended up with a username of fred\. The @reiselt.com was still cut off. 73 - FredFred Reiselt wrote:Hi Per,Thanks for the help and the link to the subversion server. I updated those three files to the latest and that cured the problem. It is now using pop3 port 110 and retrieving mail!There is another problem with retrieving mail. I use two main email accounts. My BellSouth mail account has a username of freiselt and it works great. My other account is with the service provider that hosts my reiselt.com domain. For my email address of fred@xxxxxxxxxxx, they require a username of the whole email address. Whenever I use fred@xxxxxxxxxxx for a username, I get an error with the POP3Client perl module in the server.~QTC +1 Req. QTC from 1 mail.reiselt.com| USER=fredUse of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/POP3Client.pm line 1075, <GEN1> line 2.fred,mypassword| Count=-1 Got message list QTC received... ::No mailYou can see the '@reiselt.com' is removed from the username, preventing login in and retrieving mail.Code bug or configuration issue on my end? 73 - Fred - WB5CON Per Crusefalk wrote:ons 2007-02-07 klockan 18:46 -0600 skrev Fred Reiselt:Rein,As always, you are a scholar and a gentleman! Thank you for the very detailed response. I had it all done in 10 minutes with your help.After installing and testing the modules, the POP3Client perl error went away, however, I still can not get email. I fired up Wireshark protocol analyzer on the server and found that when I tried to get email, it is using the pop3s port 995. My email provider doesn't seem to use it and just wants pop3 port 110. I have looked around in the files for a switch to turn off the ssl but have not found one. I think this the last step before hitching up the rf on 30 meters and posting the new server on the wiki.Hi Fred, Its a known bug and its fixed in the coming release. You are welcome to test the latest rflinkserver.pl, arq.pm and pskmailrc.pl which is in subversion. Just go to the subversion server at http://www.crusefalk.se/websvn Or, you can wait for the next release. I am testing that release now and so far we have just four bugs found (and fixed). 73 de Per, sm0rwo