[pskmail] Re: New to PSKmail

  • From: Goody K3NG <goody.k3ng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:28:10 -0400

Hi Fred,

Thanks for running your server; I was hitting it pretty well last night until the propagation dropped out on 30m. Your web page showing the received data was a big help in getting my client going.

If you want to wipe my database record I'll try uploading again. I now have a dedicated POP account for PSKmail. I initially didn't realize that PSKmail will try to POP mail off of the ISP POP server. I'm glad it didn't grab spam from my primary account :-) That would have been interesting over the air!

73
Goody

Fred Reiselt wrote:
Hello Goody..............Welcome to PSKmail. I hope you can make good use of the WB5CON server.

Rein............I looked at the database entry for K3NG on the server. He does have an entry but the fields are shifted down one place. 1: Pop host = is blank, while 2: Pop user = pop.gmail.com, which should be in field 1. The rest of the fields are shifted down 1 also.

73,
Fred
wb5con

Goody K3NG wrote:
Hello Per,

Last night (after I had posted to the list) I uploaded my email settings. Several times after that the server said something to the effect of "K3NG, pse update our database." I did several uploads after that and it would still give me that message. So, I'm unsure if the settings were actually being written.

--
Blog: http://thek3ngreport.blogspot.com/