[pskmail] Re: Debian version of the client

  • From: ack <akepple@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:48:56 -0400

Did a fresh Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) install on a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop
that I plan to use mobile from boat this summer.  Installed PSKmail
client 0.8 using the new Debian package.  The new Debian package is
great!  Very fast install.  Thanks Rein.
I installed the fldigi 2.10.3 binary in /usr/bin to upgrade from fldigi
1.33 to fldigi 2.10.3 (need this to get PSK250 among other things) came
up and everything looked good for the PSKmail client.  However, I wanted
to get Hamilb rig control working and the binary from the fldigi site
doesn't seem to include this.  To get hamlib rig control I had to
compile fldigi after downloading the source from W1HKJ.
To compile fldigi I needed the following packages installed using the
Ubuntu Gutsy synaptic package manager:
libsamplerate0
build-essentials
Portaudio19-dev
fltk 1.1.7
fltk 1.1.7-dev
libhamlib-utils
libhamlib-dev
libjpeg62-dev
Then
./configure
make
make install
And Hamlib rig control works.

Also I installed a new 30 meter antenna on 4/20 so hopefully I will
provide a little more range. Any signal reports appreciated.
73 Alan KD4QCL