[pskmail] Re: Debian version of the client

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:08:40 +0200

> Unrelated question:  After downloading a web page using PSKmail client
> 0.8, where is the web page text stored?
> 73 Alan KD4QCL

The webpage is not stored, it is only available for viewing on screen.
If necessary you can cut/paste it into an editor.

We are now preparing content for the 'files' dialogue. The idea is to put a
number of
interesting files on the server in the pskdownload directory which can be
downloaded
as text or as binary. Things like wx, navtex and bulletins.
You can download these as text to view them, or if you download these via the
'files->Get bin file'' menu they will be stored into the ~/.pskmail/downloads
directory.
I am now working on a reader which will enable you to look at those files
inside the client.
Every server now has a 'pings.log' file available, it would be good to also
include a 'serverinfo' file
with the server schedule etc. Here is the content of the serverinfo for PI4TUE
as an example:

=header1
PI4TUE pskmail server

Software revision: 0.6
Traffic frequency: 10147.750 kHz
Power:             50 Watts
Antenna:           Dipole, 65 m high

Scanning Frequencies and modes:
10147250,10147250,10147250,10147250,10147250
PSK125,PSK250,PSK250,PSK250,PSK250,

Sysop: pa0r@xxxxxxxxx

=cut