[pskmail] Aw: quick start guide?

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 00:11:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi Drew,

I am sitting in front of a WIN7 machine now (after waiting for it to start for 8 minutes)...
* I go to C:\Program files(x86)\jPSKmail
* I right-click jpskmail-2.0.19
* I click 'Open with'
* I click JRE

.... the program starts after waiting a few minutes (this is WINDOWS), you will
see activity at the disk drive...

* set the input and output audio mixers on the DSP tab:
In: Primary Sound capture
Out: Primary Sound driver

Set the audio levels with the windows audio app....

Works here....

73,

Rein Pa0R

Hey guys,

I've been on this list for a while, assuming at some point I'd get some free time and would want to start playing with pskmail.

Well, that time has arrived, and as a twenty-year IT veteran I assumed installing and running pskmail would be relatively easy.

I was wrong. I cannot get pskmail to start on Windows 7, and I haven't the foggiest where to find debug messages. I installed the latest JRE and double-click the .jar file I downloaded from the website… the CPU on the computer spikes to 80% for a couple of seconds and then goes back to zero, and that's the only thing that happens.

I have searched the pskmail.org website for install instructions, but even the 'Quick Start Guide' begins with the words "What to do after pskmail has started?".

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, or how to make some kind of debug output appear?

Cheers,
- Drew.

--
Drew Smith (mux) <drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, VA7DSX / VE0TF