[pskmail] quick start guide?

  • From: Drew Smith <drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 13:41:40 -0700

Hey guys,

I've been on this list for a while, assuming at some point I'd get some free
time and would want to start playing with pskmail.

Well, that time has arrived, and as a twenty-year IT veteran I assumed
installing and running pskmail would be relatively easy.

I was wrong. I cannot get pskmail to start on Windows 7, and I haven't the
foggiest where to find debug messages. I installed the latest JRE and
double-click the .jar file I downloaded from the website… the CPU on the
computer spikes to 80% for a couple of seconds and then goes back to zero, and
that's the only thing that happens.

I have searched the pskmail.org website for install instructions, but even the
'Quick Start Guide' begins with the words "What to do after pskmail has
started?".

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, or how to make some kind of debug output
appear?

Cheers,
- Drew.

--