[pskmail] Re: An attempt at a pskmail brochure

  • From: karel fassotte <karel.fassotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 13:29:03 -0500

Per I you like you may put it on the wiki.
If I have more questions about the webbrowse I will write.

We have our server for the PSKmail ready, although it seems that there are several newer releases. What do you or other suggest to install, if we want the fastest mode for 1 hop only. At the moment we are trying to get more people over here in South-America involved in digital communications and Linux.

thanks
73
Karel hc1akp

At 11:36 a.m. 01/05/2007, you wrote:
Hi Karel,

Excellent, thanks for translating!
I wonder if we should have that translation on the wiki?

Web browsing is, at the moment, accomplished by using the lynx web
browser on the server (elinks has also been used (its better)).
You can test pages on your system now by entering: "lynx -dump webpage".
Here is an example where I google for your callsign:
"lynx -dump http://www.google.com/pda?q=hc1akp";
You can also use elinks the same way:
"elinks -dump http://www.google.com/pda?q=hc1akp";

elinks is much better but Rein found some reason to use lynx instead
(cant remember what it was now).

You enter the url to browse in the client dialogue, you can store a
number of url's there. Also, there is a list of handy web pages on the
wiki: http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/Webinfo

73 de Per, sm0rwo