[projectaon] Re: Wolf's Bane Clarification

  • From: Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:54:16 +1200

On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 23:41 +0200, Ingo Kloecker wrote:

> I'd like to think of this fight as a bare-handed fight in which the
> standard rules for bare-handed fight do not apply, and thus I suggest to
> leave everything as it is.

Im happy enough to go along with this suggestion (ie leave it as a fight
in which the bare-handed rules do not apply).

However, i think the main point is that readers are likely to be
confused - after all, someone did raise this so at least one person is
confused. I think our options are:
1) do nothing
2) add a footnote to clarify that the bare-handed rules do not apply
3) minor alteration of the text to clarify

In terms of point 2) maybe we could make (or find) a section in the
Readers Handbook that says "only use the rules for bare-handed combat if
specifically stated in the text" and have the footnote refer to that. we
could then specifically list this section (and any others that could be
confusing) and our recommendations.

My preference would be 1) or 3) although I would not be opposed to
adding a section to the Reader's Handbook to clarify specific
problematic passages such as this.